Wednesday, October 28, 2009

STARTLING NEWS FROM GOOGLE WEBMASTER TRENDS GOOGLE IS GETTING RID OF PAGERANK FROM WEBMASTER TOOLS.


http://richard-kemp-toronto.blogspot.com/GOOGLE IS DITCHING PAGERANK. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOUR COVETED PR 10 WEB?

It would seem that Google has been warning us for quite some time that we should not be putting so much faith in PR.
First let's cover what PR is so you can decide if this is important or not.
PageRank was created by Google, so it does not affect your results from the other search engines.
PageRank is merely a tool that measures the popularity and success of a website. PageRank one of about 200 ranking factors used to rank googles index for keywords


PageRank is a link analysis algorithm that assigns a numerical weighting to each web. PageRank uses link structure as an indicator of an individual page's value.

Wow PageRank sounds great so what's the problem here.

Link Buying and Selling just killed your PR 10
Remember that spam email, the one that says Guaranteed #1 buy Top Backlinks. This is the problem that Google faces because it's their bread and butter. How others see you online is represented by the links that point back to your site. Again it's one of the many factors used in ranking your web for the Search Engine Result pages.

GOOGLE, OH YOU ARE SO LARGE. SO EXTREMELY HUGE; GOSH WERE ALL SO IMPRESSED DOWN HERE I CAN TELL YOU.
Ok they are the way to achieve massive amounts of visitors to your site. Hence the smile on the business person's face as they announce "And our web is Number 1 on Google". Things are changing, personally I like Bing and when they catch up with Google in the webmaster tools department I will do even more Binging.
Let’s look at my web for an example and see if I'm one of the lucky ones out there who will benefit from having PR removed from SERP.
SEO Toronto by Richard Kemp
Google
It has 3 Number 1 spots but only for a 3 word search.
I invested a massive amount of time and effort googletizing my web for Optimization
1 year after the webs creation I am now starting to compete in a very heavily saturated keyword diverse industry. So I'm getting close to Number 1 on 2 word search terms. I think I'm actually getting close to what really moves your web up in Google.
My PR is 0 or not yet been calculated.
I am still waiting a year for DMOZ to list me
Google webmaster reports 3 broken links on this site waiting to be removed from their index.

Bing and Yahoo
I am extremely happy with the results I'm getting and it took no time or effort. Simply having a well optimized web and some backlinks accomplished this in a few months.
PR is not a factor and neither is the DMOZ directory backlink.

What is the SEO warning here.
Maybe it's time to stop paying into pipe dreams. When you get that spam, ignore it. When you wind up on the site and they offer large numbers of backlinks; move on nothing to see here.
It will be interesting to watch this explode into the web. Panicked webmasters jumping out of their windows. Well not that bad anyways and hey look on the bright side.
PR still means you’re one of the popular kids in school.
I'd hate to be the SEO guys that sold you on buying backlinks

Richard Kemp
SEO Expert located in Toronto